Professional Development Topics for IERs

Hi everyone!

Can you help me find some potential topics for professional development workshops that we are planning to organize for Internationally Educated Researchers (IERs)?

Here are some examples:

• Research project management and research funding
  • Research ethics in the Canadian context
  • Accessing and utilizing open source data
  • Introduction to Canadian labor market data
  • Effective Knowledge Translation Strategies
  • Evaluation
  • Use of social media for professional networking

Thank you!

You need to be a member of Immigrant Researchers Support Network (IRSN) to add comments!

Join Immigrant Researchers Support Network (IRSN)

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello,

I would say a workshop on qualitative and quantitative analysis would be very helpful. 

Sara

• Hi Emal,

My vote goes to "Research project management and research funding".

A  workshop on qualitative data analysis using NVIVO would be beneficial too.

I suggest that the workshops be held online, so that everybody have a chance to attend despite their residential place and busy schedule.

Best regards

• Dear Ali, 

I hope you enjoyed the Nvivo Training that we conducted at Access Alliance.

Regards,

Emal

• Good morning Ali,

Thank you so much for the suggestions. Points noted; we will take into consideration your suggestions when planning our professional development workshops in the future.

Happy New Year!

Emal

• You are most welcomed! 

Happy new year to you too.

Ali 

• Hi Emal

Good morning 

Great Initiative!

I would like to suggest workshop on project management.

Thank you

Regards

Rakesh   

• Hello Emal, 

Thanks for taking the steps to go forward in a professional development workshop, I would suggest a policy analysis methods  

Best Regards 

• Policy Analysis Methods. 

• Also, workshop on academic writing skills like how to write sucessful research funding proposals/grant proposal for early career scholars is helpful.

• Hi Emal,

I would like to get some knowledge on Research project management and research funding oppurtunities. Thanks!

This reply was deleted.