ACW RESEARCHER/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
|ORGANIZATION NAME||JOB CATEGORIES||POSITION TYPE||REGION AND LOCATION(S)||CAREER LEVEL||SALARY||AD ONLINE SINCE||APPLICATION DEADLINE|
||Contract - Full Time||
||Entry Level||$50,000 - 55,000||2019-11-27||2019-12-19|
- Full time contract position, 35 hours/week, occasional weekend work required
- Contract is for one year
- Administrative Assistant experience required
- Research experience an asset
- Strong computer skills and experience with Office software required
- Position is located at York University – Keele Campus
- The position reports to the ACW Manager
Adapting Canadian Work and Workplaces to Respond to Climate Change (ACW) is a 7-year Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) funded partnership program. Stemming from the Work in a Warming World (W3) research program, ACW explores the impact and implications of climate change in Canada’s world of work. ACW’s primary objective is to find new ways of working and producing to mitigate/reduce greenhouse gas emissions through research and local/international partnerships.
The person in this position is responsible for staffing the ACW office at the Keele campus at York University. The person performs administrative functions and assist in research in support of the program. Responsibilities include: providing administrative support to the ACW Manager in daily operations and providing research support for the principle investigator and member researchers.
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently with limited supervision, must have strong computer, writing and research skills, and be detail oriented.
- Assist the Grant Manager and Principal Investigator in organizing on-campus and off-campus meetings and events.
- Book meeting rooms, catering, hotel and A/V equipment. Ensure payment and review invoices.
- Purchase supplies for meetings.
- Set-up and take down of meetings/events.
- Track attendance/RSVPs
- Prepare name tags and meeting materials (e.g. agendas, supplementary documents).
- Prepare invitations, posters and pamphlets for ACW events (e.g. book launches, public panels)
- Take notes during meetings and prepares minutes/discussion notes.
- Prepare reimbursements, payment requisitions, wire drafts, direct deposits and ensure that they adhere to York University’s policies and procedures.
- Assist the Financial Officer as required.
- Monitor e-reports to track process of payments/reimbursements and ensure discrepancies are followed up with in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation of timesheets for payroll.
- Maintain ACW listservs and ensures emails are up to date.
- Correspond with ACW researchers and York University administration via email and phone.
- Uses Adobe InDesign and Photoshop to create graphic materials and template final research reports for publishing. Sends final reports to print services for printing and binding.
- Assist in the development and execution of communication strategies through social media (Facebook, Twitter), ACW website (WordPress) and newsletters (MailChimp).
- Post updates and shares research reports on the ACW website using WordPress.
- Assist the Editor of the Work and Climate Change Report (WCR) by creating summaries of WCR blog posts and compiling it into MailChimp; which is sent out on a monthly basis.
- Monitor email account for external inquiries.
- Maintain filing system and supplies.
- Ad hoc research as directed by the Principal Investigator.
- Maintain ACW/SSHRC membership and contact lists
- Minor copy editing and formatting of documents and materials
- Preparation of documents and forms (i.e.- letters, emails, reporting/tracking lists, minutes, etc.)
- General office administration (i.e.- filing, copying, scans, etc.)
- Liaising with University administration in support of ACW work
- Conduct literature reviews and composition of bibliographies
- General research and writing of reports
- On line research (i.e.- related publications, reports, media, etc.)
Software programs used:
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype
- Adobe: Photoshop, InDesign
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Related work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Social media proficiency
- Strong research and organizing skills
- Able to multi-task, work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ensures confidentiality
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Salary and benefits:
Commensurate with abilities and experience
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the posting for consideration. Posting will close on December 19th, 2019.