The Clinical Research Project Assistant (CRPA) will work in the SickKids Liver Transplant program. The SickKids Liver Transplant program is the largest in Canada transplanting infants and children with end-stage liver failure in Ontario and across the country. The studies involve clinical research in children who have undergone liver transplantation, both at SickKids, as well as part of a North American multi-centre consortium. The CRPA will primarily assist the Medical Director of the Liver Transplant Program (Dr. Ng) with clinical and translational research endeavors. This will involve the recruitment and follow-up of children who have undergone liver transplantation, and other projects with a pediatric hepatology and liver transplant focus.
Here's What You'll Get to Do:
- Prepare Research Ethics Board submissions.
- Prepare study case report forms and assemble packages of questionnaires.
- Check data for accuracy and completeness.
- Score data, enter data and be responsible for data cleaning.
- Phone subjects to confirm appointments or follow-up on study requirements.
- Obtain informed consent for questionnaire-based research.
- Explain questionnaires and arrange study investigations for subjects.
- Conduct health chart reviews.
- Work closely with an energetic team of physicians, clinical nurses, research coordinators and colleagues at SickKids
Here's What You'll Need:
- Bachelors Degree in sciences, social sciences or a health related discipline is required.
- A Master’s Degree in sciences or a health-related discipline is favoured
- Experience in Clinical Research is desirable.
- Able to work independently and with intiative, as well as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are essential in order to develop good working relationships with the research team, co-investigators, Research Ethics Board and other collaborators.
Employment Type: Temporary, Full-Time (one year contract)