The Women’s College Hospital Institute for Health System Solutions and Virtual Care (WIHV) aims to improve heath by working to develop, implement and evaluate innovations in clinical care and policy. Our philosophy is to engage and collaborate with all players in health care to deliver tangible solutions that improve the health system as a whole. Our goal is to inspire innovation and enable Ontario’s most promising leaders to transform their ideas into practical, scalable solutions.
Summary of Duties, but not limited to:
- Responsible for organizing and conducting interviews with key stakeholders
- Prepares detailed notes of all interactions with participants
- Completes data entry and quality control ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data collection; may investigate missing or invalid data and prepare data sets
- Assists in the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data and the interpretation of results
- Participates in review of data collection strategies
- Liaises with sponsors for monitoring/audits.
- Performs computer statistical analysis
- Generates response curves, status reports and other statistical reports as required
- Assists in the preparation of submissions to the Research Ethics Board
- Assists with submission of manuscripts to scientific journals; may involve creating tables, figures, proof reading, preparation of cover letter, coordinating documents to sign, electronic submission
- May pilot test various web-based research tools
- Conducts literature searches using PubMed, MEDLINE, or other health sciences databases
- Communicates with Research Coordinator, Lead, Manager (as appropriate) and/or Principal Investigator to provide updates
- Prioritizes and monitors various study deadlines for their own work
- Plans, designs and organizes scoring procedures and computer databases for ongoing and new research studies
- Assist team members with preparing materials for proposals, progress reports, presentations, and publications
- Prepare and mail out follow-up questionnaires to research participants or collaborators
- Helps maintain research files to store, access, and retrieve study data as specified at one or more sites
- Schedules and attends research meetings, including preparing agendas and meeting minutes
- Maintains regulatory documents
- Assists with grant writing and submissions; prepare forms, budgets, appendices and other documents as required
- Acts as a primary contact person for research participants
As a role model and champion, you will work to identify and integrate safe, best practices into daily activities to foster the delivery of safe and exemplary care
The responsibilities described above are representative and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
About Women’s College Hospital
Women’s College Hospital (WCH) is Canada’s leading independent, academic, ambulatory care hospital with a primary focus on the health of women. Founded in 1883 by Dr. Emily Stowe – a suffragist and the first Canadian woman licensed to practice medicine in Canada – our Hospital has earned its distinguished reputation through hard work, commitment, and a pioneering spirit of innovation.
Today, our ongoing achievements and our dedication to improving healthcare are building on that admirable legacy of leading-edge care and unparalleled caring. WCH opened the Hospital of the Future – a new, $555 million, state-of-the-art fully ambulatory facility – in fall 2015.
The opening of our new facility amplified our position as one of the most ground-breaking institutions in the world focused on advancing the health of women and pioneering health system solutions that benefit all people.
WCH is home to one of the only hospital-based research institutes in the world focused on the health of women, and we are fully affiliated with the University of Toronto as one of Canada’s leading teaching hospitals.
- Undergraduate degree in Health Sciences, Public Health and/or other health-related discipline
- 6 months to 3 years experience working in research in a hospital or academic setting
- Knowledge and proficiency with MS Office applications including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with a wide variety of people at different levels
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; works well independently, uses good judgment, and takes initiative
- Good understanding of research design and research ethics
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to the PHIPA
- Demonstrated record of good performance and acceptable attendance will be considered as part of the selection criteria
- Professional behavior and communication that meets the standards of the professional regulatory college or association, as applicable, and the standards of Women’s College Hospital
- This position plays a critical role in acting as an advocate for safety and will demonstrate principles, practices and processes that will optimize a safe environment for all
Women's College Hospital is a fully affiliated teaching hospital of the University of Toronto and is committed to fairness and equity in employment and our recruitment and selection practices. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, members of racialized groups, women and any others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under our Access for People with Disabilities policy. Applicants need to make their requirements known in advance.
Apply here: https://wch.njoyn.com/cl3/xweb/Xweb.asp?tbtoken=Z1tYQhIXCB56Z30CQlUlCFNId21EcFRcdkgjJV16ExVbK0dqKkYZcmQBcgkbURBUSHAqWA%3D%3D&chk=ZVpaShw%3D&page=jobdetails&clid=55610&JobID=J0121-0031&BRID=70317&sbdid=936