RESEARCH COORDINATOR AND EXECUTIVE COORDINATOR
|ORGANIZATION NAME||JOB CATEGORIES||POSITION TYPE||REGION AND LOCATION(S)||CAREER LEVEL||SALARY||AD ONLINE SINCE||APPLICATION DEADLINE|
|Mental Health Research Canada||
There has never been a more important time to advance mental health in our country.
THIS YEAR: 1 in 5 Canadians will experience mental health problems.
THIS WEEK: 500,000 people will miss work due to their mental health.
TODAY: 11 people will be lost to suicide.
Mental Health Research Canada (www.mhrc.ca) is currently recruiting for a dynamic, engaging and experienced Project Manager for research and executive co-ordination. We are a national charity dedicated to improving the lives of Canadians living with mental illness, their families and caregivers, by advancing impact-focused mental health research through collaborations and partnerships. This role is based in Toronto, Ontario on the subway line. If you are interested in supporting the advancement of mental health in Canada and joining a growing team, please apply!
What We Do
- We engage stakeholders to understand community priorities
- We partner to invest in impact-focused, innovative research for practical application
- We manage the entire research process, from shaping the call to sharing the outcomes.
This is an exciting opportunity working directly with the CEO and the MHRC Team to develop and evolve innovative research projects.
We seek an individual who is:
- A positive, collaborative, resourceful, team player who takes initiative and has a “learning stance”
- Self-directed, highly motivated and possesses a strong worth ethic
- Creative and innovative; interested in working with a small and growing staff team
- Interested in meaningful work and is engaging to work with
- Master’s degree preferred
- Ideally 2 years experience in a research capacity in Health
- Superior organization, communication (written and verbal) and project management skills
- Confidence and ability to manage multiple tasks within established deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of current and established grant and awards processes
- Project management skills (ideally with basic knowledge of the Submittable platform)
- Able to operate in both official languages
Responsibilities as a Research Coordinator (75% of the role)
- Plans and coordinates the elements of research study protocol, and the management of operating polices and procedures
- Promotes research capacity building among community-based groups, corporate organizations and the education sector
- Supervises and coordinates the provision of support services to investigators and researchers
- Monitors the progress of research activities; develops and maintains records of research activities, prepares periodic ad hoc reports as required by funding agencies
- Effectively manages relationships with organizational research partners
Responsibilities in Executive Coordinator (25% of the role)
The executive co-ordination aspect of this role is highly strategic. It is a relationship building role that involves working directly with the CEO, Director of Development and Government Relations to outreach for and schedule meetings to strategically develop relationships, build the organization’s database, and to build brand awareness across the country and globally. This is an opportunity to interact with senior leaders in the mental health sector and governments across Canada.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- A high degree of professionalism
- An action-orientation; ability to proactively solve problems and see opportunities
- Resourcefulness and ability to take initiative and multi-task
- the ability to think strategically, manage systems, calendars and events with expert attention to detail
The role also provides support the Board of Directors and Board Committees as needed.
This is a 6 month contract that leads to a full time, permanent position (assuming outstanding performance and “fit”).
The permanent position will be supported by an excellent compensation package including:
Full-time Salary commensurate with skills/experience ($54,000 - $58,000)
Comprehensive group benefit package and pension plan after 3 months
3 weeks' paid vacation
Additional time off without pay
Remembrance Day as an additional statutory holiday
Professional development opportunities
Opportunity to attend conferences in the sector
The position reports directly to the CEO. Immediate vacancy. Apply now.
Interested applicants are asked to apply with their resume to email@example.com with the subject heading Resume - Research Coordinator, please also attach a cover letter. Not all candidates will be contacted for an interview. Candidates without a cover letter will not be contacted.
Mental Health Research Canada is committed to an inclusive workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all interested candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.