MAP Centre for Urban Health Solutions is recruiting Black, Indigenous, and other racialized students to join their team as summer students. The application deadline is 5:00 pm EST March 14, 2022
Based at St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto, MAP is home to some of Canada's top scientists in health equity and population health. MAP research is defined by scientific excellence, a focus on rapid scale-up, and long-term community and policy partnerships. The centre's mission is to create a healthier future for all.
Summer students work with MAP scientists and staff on health equity research projects. This program is a great opportunity to gain research skills, experience, and mentorship at one of Canada's leading research centres.
Learn more and apply: https://maphealth.ca/summer-students
Applicants must be:
- Interested in building research skills and exploring a career in research that aims to reduce health inequities
- Self-identified as Black, Indigenous or a person of colour
- Currently enrolled in a university/college undergraduate program in Ontario, Canada, in the Fall 2022 following the Summer Program. Students enrolled in medical school or who will be starting in medical school in the Fall are not eligible for this program.
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Available to participate full-time (37.5 hours/week) for the full 10-week program (June 6 - August 12, 2022)
- Able to work in or around the MAP offices in downtown Toronto, as needed
- Please note that those selected to participate in this program, will be required to submit proof of three COVID-19 vaccinations as per Unity Health Policy.
Questions? Reach out to:
Research Program Manager, MAP Centre for Urban Health Solutions